Thursday, August 9, 2018

Update from Japan this time :)

Konnichiwa from Rankoshi, Japan! :) I am currently at my twin’s house with her family for the next 20 days. I wanted to write you and let you know how the term finished and to thank you for your prayers.

My girls finished strong and we had lots of great lasts as a dorm and in Kenya. I am thankful to report that all my girls who needed visas to study in the US were given their student visas and will be able to start University in the fall.
 Senior girls of 2018 and Aunt Amy :) 
I will have 1 in Germany, 2 in the UK, and 1 in New Zealand. The rest will be in the States (spread out). My brain is already turning with ideas of how I can make it to see each of them this fall before I start my new job. :) I don’t think I can actually see all of them, but I will definitely try to see many of them. I think it is so cool that I will be starting my new season in life at the same time as them in the States. I have told them over and over that they all have a home with me any time they want to come visit good ol’ Indiana :).

Graduation was a very special day. I am thankful for all your prayers and for the Lord’s grace as we made it through 2 years together as a dorm. There were lots of ups and downs, but I know the Lord was faithful and taught us so many things in the good and the hard times. There were many tearful goodbyes with both my girls and many of my friends that have been like a family to me in so many ways. I am thankful for the time the Lord had for me at RVA and was so blessed to be a part of the ministry happening there. I can’t wait to see which of the students that have come through RVA will return to the mission field or how they will serve the Lord. Please continue to pray for our seniors who are now going through a huge transition to a new culture and a new normal. It is a difficult change on many levels and I am praying that through this time, the Lord would draw them to Himself and they would seek Him always. As I write this, many new staff have arrived at RVA and are starting New staff orientation. Please continue to pray for the ministry of RVA as they continue to seek how to grow as a community and putting in place new procedures and policies to hopefully help with the increasing need for child safety and internet/media safety that became such an apparent need last school year.

After the term finished, I started on a 6-week journey back to the States. :) (Taking the long road home I guess) I was able to see my sister, Beth, in Cambridge, England for a few days. It was so nice to see her home of the last 5? years and meet a lot of her great friends! I also got to cheer her on for her rowing races (called Bumps) for 3 of the nights. That was fun to finally see as I have seen pictures or videos of her doing that, but never seen her rowing (or any real races in rowing for that matter). We had a great time together and got to also check out some really great places nearby.
Bethye and me in a Lavender Field 
I then headed to Switzerland to see my good friends and supporters, the Malgos, who were from Castleview and Indiana but have moved back to their home in Switzerland. It was so wonderful to be with them and they so generously showed me many of the beautiful places there. I was thankful for the encouraging conversations with them and it was so sweet that they we able to relate to me in many ways after living in the States for 7 years and then returning back “home” but not really feeling as if they “fit” anymore. I know the Lord will be with me and I am thankful that He has already put many people in my life that can encourage me and I hope that He will use me in the same way for others.
Amy, Josia, and Mirjam 
Following the time with the Malgos I was able to go see my friends Tina and Enrico Hengst in Dresden, Germany. I met Tina and Enrico in Kenya when they were serving at Tenwek Hospital for 6 months last year. It was so fun to be with them in their home and see their beautiful city. I also was encouraged by our time together and thankful for a chance to see where they live.
 
Tina and Enrico 
Now I am in Japan to see my family here. I love when I get to be with my twin and her family. It is hard that we are so far apart so I am thankful I can spend a month here. Please be praying for them as they parent 5 busy kiddos and God’s wisdom as they seek to purchase land for their farm. Their church family comes once a month to have a worship service with them. This is a great encouragement to them as they are very isolated from Christian fellowship in their town that is 2+ hours from Sapporo where their church comes from. They are hoping to reach the people of Rankoshi where there is no church currently. (the nearest evangelical church is 40 minutes away) Recently a friend, who goes to school with Yoshiki (1st grade) attended Bible camp with Yoshiki in Sapporo for 3 days. We are so excited that he decided he wanted to accept Jesus! Please pray for Hiroto to grow in his relationship with Jesus and that his mom and grandparents would be accepting of that relationship and also be interested in Jesus.
Eimi (said like Amy :) )  2, Keishi 5, Hitomi 3-almost 4, and Yoshiki 6 loved their necklaces from Kenya :) 

So! I can finally tell you all about the new job that the Lord has provided! Back in April at the World Gospel Mission (WGM) field retreat, where I help most years with their children’s program, the Member Care directors approached me about a job. They had heard that I was finishing my time at RVA and both thought that maybe I would be just the person they were looking for to add to their Member care team. As they talked about their vision for another team member, I was so excited. Remember how I asked you to pray for a job that was either in Ministry or would allow me to have enough time to take part in a ministry?? Well everything they talked about sounded like it had been almost tailor made for me. They asked me to pray about it and I agreed I would. I excitingly messaged my family about it and they also thought it sounded perfect! I started praying about it then and long story short responded and said I was very interested. I applied for the position and interviewed with the director and another person at WGM… They have offered me the position and I have accepted. I will help with elementary age TCKS (third culture kids), reaching out to our single missionaries, administration needs in the office (remember my other job at RVA has been to work in the office as the principal’s assistant) and several other focuses. WGM has been really understanding about my need to transition and have time for re-entry and reconnecting in the States. I will start in January, 2019! WGM’s headquarters are in Marion, Indiana which will allow me to live close to my family that is still there. I will probably live halfway between Indianapolis and Marion. I know I shouldn’t be, but I am blown away how God has provided this job. I am so thankful that I can still be involved with Missions, Kenya and be close to home at the same time. (WGM has missionaries serving at Tenwek and Kijabe among other places all over the world) What a great God we serve.

I get back to the States (South Carolina first) August 28th. I am looking forward to catching up with many of you this fall! Besides traveling to see family and my girls, I will also do some training for my new job and hopefully a course in Biblical counseling that College Park offers online.

Thank you again for all your prayers and support over the years. I am extremely blessed and encouraged over and over by many of you. Because of the Lord’s provision through you, I am able to take time to transition back to the States and I am grateful.
Please let me know how I can be praying for you!!! It would be my joy to do so.

Serving with you,
Amy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment