Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Team Members Needed :)

Dear Friends,

We are in the home stretch for term 1. All the girls and I are feeling the “wear and tear” and are ready for the break to come in just 9 days. Please be praying we would finish strong and be encouraging and patient with one another as we are all tired and stressed.

I wanted to write a short letter and ask for your specific prayer for my financial support situation. I received my statement the beginning of this month and found out my support was $1,000 short of the monthly target which meant that I only received 1/3rd of the normal deposit to cover all my groceries and living expenses for the whole month. Obviously, if this was to continue into next month, there is just no way I could continue to be on the field. I was so tempted to be very discouraged when I found this out last week, but the Lord has been bringing His truths to mind and reminding me of His faithfulness and that He knows my needs.

Would you pray that God would provide for this support in the way that He sees fit and that He would continue to work in my heart to trust Him for these needs? Last year I had to leave the field because of insufficient support and was finally able to return in January of this year so it was hard to think of this being a possibility again. I am trusting that the Lord would make that clear, but really am praying that He would make it possible for me to continue serving here in Kenya at Rift Valley Academy. I know the Lord knows the needs of these girls and what is best for them as well as for me. When I look at the picture, I see that our dorm is going so well and I have been blessed to build wonderful relationships with my girls and He is working in their hearts to draw them to Himself. I see how He has given me 2 girls outside of the dorm to disciple and a host of other ministry opportunities while being here.  I see that the families represented in our dorm (20 units) are able to continue spreading the Gospel to the unreached and in their places of work throughout Africa while being able to rest in the fact that their daughters are getting an education and being prepared for life after high school. They can continue their work because RVA allows them to stay on their field even though their children’s needs are changing as they grow. We are all a part of the gospel being spread out to the unreached, we just have different parts to play (you are included in that J )!  These are some of the things in my field of vision, but I know I can’t always see His bigger plan so need to trust Him to lead and provide if He would have me continue at RVA.
I am so thankful to know that the Lord is my provider and I am so thankful for each and every one of you who are apart of my team.  I can’t do this on my own. God’s provision through your support is what allows me to be apart of this wonderful ministry here on the ground. Thank you for joining me in prayer.  


If you feel led to give or become apart of my team with one-time gifts or monthly support, here is some practical information for you. You can send checks (made to AIM) and include a letter that says it is for Amy Jarrett to:
Africa Inland Mission
C/0 Receipting
P.O. Box 3611
Peachtree City, GA 30269-7611
You can also call their headquarters directly and set up credit card deposits or automatic monthly check deposits. That number is (1. 800.254.0010 ).

Again, I am thankful for you and for your prayers! I am looking forward to seeing many of you very soon!! I am praying for you.  

Serving with you,
Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment