Monday, June 27, 2016

Breathe..That Is the Key

Hello dear friends,
  I wanted to write and thank you for your prayers for me and my girls. We are entering the last 2 weeks of term and clearly feeling it. I am doing well, though physically exhausted. Please pray that I would finish the term well and with Joy. It is so easy to get distracted by the crazy "to do" list that I have and I want to be intentionally living with joy even amongst the crazy schedule.

 Please be praying for the 12 girls in my current dorm as well as the 16 girls from my last dorm that are preparing to graduate in 2 short weeks!! This is a huge transition time for them as they are not only going to college but also leaving their home here in Africa and adjusting to a very different culture and way of life in
 N. America, Europe, or Korea. They have come home many nights lately, subdued with the realisation that they are experiencing many "lasts". Pray that they would grieve well but also look ahead with excitement about the future the Lord has for each and every one of them.

On Saturday, our dorm went to Naivasha for our end of the year Dorm Party. We had SUCH a special time. I was so thankful that we were able to go even though our road situation out of Kijabe has been a bit of a nightmare recently with the heavy rain and fog. We were planning on taking a bus, but were not allowed to at the last minute because of unstable road conditions. I was thankful that 3 staff members were willing to help us out, by driving us and giving up a day of precious time when the schedule is so busy. We had a great time of relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather and camp ground that goes up to Lake Naivasha. I know the girls really enjoyed the time together. Some of them said, "It's funny that we forget how much we like each other when we hang out. Usually we are so busy doing our own thing, we take that for granted." I am thankful for the Lord's leading and prompting for me to find ways of providing opportunities for these girls to find healing and friendship among each other when they have been living together for a year with tension and not much unity as a dorm. Thank you for your continual prayers for Suswa Dorm!
Suswa Dorm: Back row to front: Stacy, Jo-ine, Sarah, Emily, Danieke, Me :), Mary, Tirza, Heather, Kalie, (middle) HaYeong, Minju, Haley, Phoebe, Suzann, (Front row) Amy, Sophia, Yealin, Cindy, and Abby 


Great that the restaurant would seat our whole group together :)



The girls stand out against the grey skies and grey water  of Lake Naivasha :)
                                             
On Wednesday, I will host a Graduation Open House for my 28 Senior girls that I have had in my dorms the past 2 years. The school schedule is so busy I haven't been able to put a time together with them all, so I am really looking forward to that. On Saturday the Senior class will head to the Coast for their "Senior Safo" (class trip basically) for almost a week. Exams for my Juniors are next week, and then it is graduation! In the mean-time, I have to start packing up for what I hope is my final move (4th move in 6 months) for at least the next 2 years. Lord willing, I will start the new school year in a dorm with the current 10th graders. So that means I will get them for 2 years as Juniors and then Seniors. :) YAY!

I appreciate your prayers for strength and health as we finish this term. The whole term we have had a nasty virus going around campus that knocks people out anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. Please continue to pray for protection for me and the girls as we finish the term well. I would also like to ask you to keep praying for the girl who I talked about in my last letter. Her parents made the decision to withdraw her from RVA. I am praying that the Lord would continue to work healing in her heart and that she would find her joy in Christ and His salvation.

Love to you all. Would LOVE to hear from you, even if it is just a quick hello and something you and your family are up to. It is always so encouraging to hear from home. I am very excited about my up-coming trip to Japan as well. I can't wait to see my nieces and nephews! Also my trin, Laura, and I will get to celebrate our 31st birthday together (though a few days late) which is something that has been a rare treat in the last 10 years since she has been in Japan!

Serving with you,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment